Over the years, a laptop has become more and more a part of the classroom environment and now they are indispensable.
While this has certainly made the access to information and management of paperwork easier, it has given every teacher the headache of trying to find the ideal model for their work.
To prevent these professionals from having to look through all of the products to find the best laptops for teachers we have collected together all of the information that you need in one place as well as some of the best products available right now.
Aspects to Keep in Mind
- Reliability. The worst possible thing for a teacher’s laptop is for it to stop working right in the middle of a lesson or school day. The laptops that we have included in our list are ones that are known for being workhorses and lasting in a reliable state for longer.
- Connectivity. Not being able to connect to the school’s system would make a laptop almost useless. While this does mean it should have a strong Wi-Fi connectivity it also means having a useful number of USB ports to connect to all of the equipment in the classroom.
- Accessibility. The last thing that a teacher needs is a laptop that is complicated to use or takes any time at all to access. We have also considered ease-of-use in creating our list so that you won’t be distracted by accessing your laptop during a lesson and it won’t take up any of your busy schedules.
- Speed. As a teacher’s laptop will be used for a large number of tasks we have included the memory of each model on our list. This is a reflection on how quickly the laptop will process information and therefore gives an indication of how suited to multitasking the laptop is.
Top 6 Laptops for Teacher Comparison Table
|Picture||Name||Memory (GB)||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|Picture||Name||Memory (GB)||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Apple MacBook Air MJVM2LL/A 11.6-Inch laptop(1.6 GHz Intel i5, 128 GB SSD, Integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000, Mac OS X Yosemite)||4||$$$$||4.7|
|2. HP Chromebook 14-ak050nr 14-Inch Laptop (Intel Celeron, 4 GB RAM, 16 GB SSD)||16||$||4.1|
|3. Dell Inspiron 15 Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core i5-5200U, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6" HD LED Backlit Touchscreen||8||$$$||4.0|
|4. HP 11-n010dx - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 11.6-Inch Touchscreen Convertible Ultrabook / Intel Pentium N3520||4||$$||3.8|
|5. Acer S3-391-6046 13.3-Inch Ultrabook, Intel Core i3 4GB, Memory 320GB HDD Windows 8||4
|6. ASUS Transformer Book T100HA-C4-GR 10.1-inch 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop||4||$||3.2|
Getting the a Laptops for a Teacher
There are many aspects that should be paid attention to when looking for the right laptop for you to use in teaching but there are two points that are often overlooked.
- Keyboard. Teachers often make the mistake of opting for a smaller laptop. This usually is based on the thinking that if it is more compact it will be easier to transport. While this is certainly the case it also usually means that the keyboard size is sacrificed. This can be accommodated for but it does mean that any typing will usually take longer and it will certainly take some time to get used to.
- Speakers. As YouTube and online tools are being incorporated even more into the classroom, speakers are starting to become an important aspect of a laptop. Many teachers don’t consider this and then end up having to purchase speakers separately. With several of the best laptops for teachers on our list, this will not be necessary.
Top 3 Best Laptops for Teacher Reviews
This laptop has all of the benefits of Apple products but also comes with the added bonus of being feather light. It functions as well as its reputation suggests and it can be very easily accessed at all times.
What makes this a great laptop for a teacher is that it can be synced with a wide range of other devices, which makes it easier to be more connected to the material.
While it is lighter and more compact it is still sturdy enough to be a reliable model and it is also very easy to use the full size keyboard.
The HP Chromebook is one of the best all-round laptops available for teachers. It will enable you to do everything that you would need but doesn’t sacrifice on style at the same time. It is also highly compact which provides the user with easy mobility.
The Chromebook is designed to be run online and everything is stored in the cloud. This means that apps and programs such as Microsoft need to be accessed to the Internet. This may take some getting used to but does provide excellent connectivity between several computers.
This model also has impressive battery life and a 14-inch display, which means it is really easy to use on a regular basis in the classroom.
The Dell Inspiron 15 Touchscreen is a great budget option for the teacher that wants a laptop to match an active style of use. The laptop is light enough that it can be easily moved around and the included touchscreen is very responsive.
The laptop itself has a sufficient amount of memory and works for general use that would be typical of a teacher in a classroom.
For the price of this product, there is no finer option amongst the best laptops for teachers on the market today.