Whether you are new to the work of coding and development or you are a veteran, you surely already know that you will need the best laptop to get work done and be successful. The difficulty in choosing a laptop comes when trying to find a laptop that has all of the specs that you are looking for in the perfect combination.
Many of even the best laptops for programming lack one of the main features or capabilities that it should have to enhance a different aspect of the laptop. You can use this guide to help make the right decision for you based on the most important aspects to consider and the most important aspects of you.
Things to Consider
As even the best laptop for programming will not have the exact specs you are looking for, you will need to determine which aspects of buying and features are the most important to you. Here are some that can have the biggest effect on your decision.
- Price. As there are no set laptops for this kind of work, you will need to sort through the masses of options. This means that you will have to consider a compact Chromebook just as seriously as you should consider the famous MacBook Pro. Which one you choose generally will come down to price. You should determine exactly how much you are willing to spend before you even start looking.
- Size. Programming can be quite a solitary activity, though, like writing, it can also be done in many different places based on the atmosphere you prefer. The size of the laptop should be large enough that you can see everything you need to without compromising how easy it is to bring it with you to different places.
- Running Cool. Programming can be hard on a laptop that is not perfectly equipped to handle it. Choosing a laptop that doesn’t overheat means that you will be able to more easily program and use the applications to complete the work without having issues.
Top 10 Laptops for Programming Ultimate Chart
|Picture||Name||RAM (GB)||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|Picture||Name||RAM (GB)||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Apple MacBook Pro MJLT2LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display||16||$$$$$||4.8|
|2. Lenovo E550 20DF0030US||4||$||4.3|
|3. Asus Zenbook UX501VW-DS71T||16||$$$$||4.2|
|4. Lenovo Z70 17.3-Inch Laptop (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD, Windows 10) 80FG00DBUS||8||$$||4.1|
|5. Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M||8||$$||4.1|
|6. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-592G-71ZL 15.6-inch Full HD Notebook (Windows 10)||8||$$$||4.0|
|7. HP Pavilion 13-s128nr x360 13.3-Inch Full-HD 2-in-1 Laptop (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) with Windows 10||8||$||3.8|
|8. ASUS K501UX 15-inch Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7 Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Hard Drive, Windows 10 (64 bit)||8||$$||3.8|
|9. ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 15-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 2GB VRAM, 16GB DDR4, 1TB (ROG Metallic)||2||$$$||3.7|
|10. Lenovo Y700 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor, 12 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 960M Graphics, Windows 10)||12||$$$||3.6|
Advise for Picking A Good Laptop for Programming
There are no laptops that have been specifically developed for programming but there are ones that are better for the job than others based on a set of minimum requirements. Though there are only a few laptops that meet all of the requirements, getting a laptop as close to these as possible will make your life and your programming much easier.
- A Processor That Is at Least Intel i5 or AMD A10. This is the brain of the computer so it needs to be fast enough and capable of running any programming you throw at it.
- Preferably at Least 8GB of RAM. This will work together with the processor so both should be strong.
- A Dedicated Graphics Card with at Least 2GB Memory. If you are doing any programming that will involve graphics, especially for gaming, then you will need to have the immediate memory for such work to be carried out.
- Lots of Hard-Disk Memory. You will want to have a lot of room on the laptop itself to store all of the programmings that you do.
Top 3 Best Laptop for Programming Reviews
The Apple MacBook Pro MJLT2LL/A is incredibly versatile because it is such a high quality machine. It can be used for everything from casual writing and watching movies to programming and completing complicated graphics projects.
This machine has an Intel Core i5 processor, which means that it can handle any and everything you have for it. The size of the screen and the lightweight nature of this model also make it incredibly easy to use.
The reliable nature of this machine and the storage is a huge draw for those that want a computer that can be trusted with their work.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Edge is a laptop that has everything you could possibly need to do work from home, programming, business models and more. One of the most notable aspects of this laptop is that it runs fast. It doesn’t matter which program you are using, it will work like a dream on this machine.
This laptop also runs quite cool, which means you can run large programs and for long periods of time without the laptop overheating. The broad size of the keyboard and the overall sleek style of this laptop make it a pleasure to work with and take with you to a café or to the library.
Though this is not specifically designed for any purpose it does have a lot of the features that would go into creating the best laptop for programming.
The ASUS Zenbook Pro is a reliable and high quality machine that makes it easy to do any kind of work you have for it. It runs a core i7 processor with 16GB of RAM so you know it has the power needed for programming and graphic design work too.
In terms of overall use, this laptop outperforms the competition. It is lightweight and thin, which makes it easy to bring with you anywhere. It has a long battery life, which also makes it incredibly useful for longer work sessions.
With the size and the amount of power, this model has, you really cannot go wrong. Though it does come at a higher price than many of the options on the market, it has this higher price tag because it has all of the extras and the processing power that you could possibly want.