If you’re looking for a laptop that can easily handle multitasking and let you play your favorite games, then this article is for you!
While not draining your wallet dry, laptops under one thousand dollars offer you a fast and powerful performance for pretty much any purpose: working with documents or graphic software, watching HD and Full HD videos, gaming and many other.
However, in order to get yourself a laptop that would satisfy your needs and expectations, there are a few details to consider like screen size, operating system, CPU, RAM and other things. That’s why we’ve put together a chart with the best laptops under 1000 dollars so that you don’t have to go through tedious research.
Top 10 Laptops Under $1000 Overview Chart
Windows 8.1 vs OS X Mavericks
- The rivalry between two giants, Windows and OS X, is known to all tech people. To determine which one of them is the best, let’s look at the current “players”: Windows 8.1 and OS X Mavericks.
- Firstly, if you are buying a laptop and having difficulties deciding between Windows or OS X, you must choose the OS that is most suitable for YOU. Therefore, if Windows has been your friend for years, we’d suggest you to keep on using it as you’ve already gotten used to it. However, if you want to try something new, then sure, choose OS X.
- Windows 8.1 wins in terms of multitasking as it allows you to run up to four apps on the screen at once. While OS X Maverick’s Mission Control displays only the apps that are opened but doesn’t allow you to close any of them from this view, Windows’ Snap allows you to have two apps open side by side.
- With Window’s SkyDrive, you can access your files stored both locally and in the cloud itself, while Apple is limited to accessing files only with iOS. Furthermore, SkyDrive allows you to access your files using Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, iOS as well as Android devices. Therefore, thanks to SkyDrive, Windows gets one more point.
- As for gaming, Windows clearly wins, as Macs do not support most of advanced games. Most of the times, in order to play a new game on Mac, you have to wait some time for it to be released for OS X. If you are a hardcore gamer, you best choice is to look for the best laptops under $1000 that are Windows-based.
- In terms of web browsing, OS X Mavericks has more advantages. Apple has upgraded Safari so that now the sidebar of the browser includes your bookmarks and the new ‘Shared Links’ feature, which lists what your social media contacts are posting. Overall, OS X Mavericks wins thanks to its improved social integration. Windows, for its part, has upgraded Internet Explorer 11, too. As an example, it is now possible to have unlimited number of tabs open (before, it was only 10) as well as snap two pages side by side.
3 Best Laptops Under 1000 Dollars Reviews
This Apple MacBook Pro has a 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with edge-to-edge, uninterrupted glass. The laptop is light in weight, thin, yet feels solid to the touch.
The design of this laptop is creative and stylish. The laptop allows you to store files to up to 500 GB + additional storage in iCloud. Furthermore, you can speed the performance up with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.1 GHz.
Overall, Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch is the best laptop under $1000 as it is powerful, functional, speedy and innovative. It will satisfy all your needs whatever they are, since it is able to handle pretty much any task.
Apple takes the second place as well! With its Apple MacBook Air MD760LL/B 13.3-Inch Laptop, the company proves its status of being the best laptop developer of our time.
The laptop sports up to 12 hours of battery life and offers a superfast speed. Yes, the laptop is slightly worse than MacBook Pro, but it can still provide you with a quick and smooth experience for a wide variety of tasks. It is worth mentioning that the laptop can easily handle games, which says a lot about the laptop.
The trackpad is very large and has a glass surface. MacBook Air also has a high-speed Thunderbolt port and two USB 3 ports. Therefore, the laptop costs a little less than his Pro brother does, but at the same time, it doesn’t lose much in terms of laptop performance.
MSI GP60 LEOPARD-010 laptop, equipped with Intel Core i5-4200M processor and 15.6-inch screen, offers powerful performance as well as stunning visuals.
The laptop was designed for gaming, so as you can imagine, it is able to easily handle your most demanding tasks. Its GeForce 840M is a well-built graphics solution for streaming HD videos, surfing the web, playing games, and many other things.
The MSI LEOPARD-010’s Cooler Booster feature is innovative, helpful and can be used all the time. What it does is it turns the CPU fan on maximum capacity, thus cooling off your laptop and providing with a faster performance. One thing to note: it is loud.
Overall, the laptop is fantastic and can be proudly called one of the best laptops under $1000.